27.3.14

Monochrome + Mint


This was a last minute outfit I put together to go to a event in London. I was going for comfort, practicality & style. Because, I knew I was going to be doing a lot of walking, (possibly running for those bloody trains, lol) when it rained my ensemble wouldn't be totally ruined & lastly the event I went to was amidst fellow fashionista's...so I had to be on my A game! See, below to get an understanding as to why I chose what I wore...

Jacket: So I went for this lush, on trend monochrome jacket. And, my favourite feature about this is the shoulder structure without a doubt. I love how the white is so strongly blocked against the black which is perfect to tie in with the rest of my look.

Blouse: I toyed with a white boxy leather crop top to start off with, but it just didn't sit well underneath the jacket. So, I thought "what saviour top can I wear?" & without fail this blouse came through for me. I wanted to the piece under the jacket to be 1 blocked colour. Although, I wasn't wearing a necklace the blouse kind of done a 2 in 1 job because of the knotted bow component, I just placed it over the jackets round neck.

Jeans: These were another 2nd option because I was going to wear black ripped knee's ones. But, to be honest I'm glad I didn't because however much I love the monochrome look. I still wanted to have a light spring summer look & the pastel mint factor did that. It also has a cool subtlety to the naked eye of a faint camouflage blend with the denim. 

Clutch: This was a must! Not only because I travelled high & low to purchase the last one. But, also because it coordinated perfectly with the look & colour of my outfit. This 'stressed but well dressed' is such a stylish addition to have & perfect for size, it managed to fit more than a few key must have's in it with room to spare too. 

Belt: I added this little number because I thought the leopard print would add additional texture & colour alongside everything. If the jeans had been more prominent then I would of added the belt to the mix to avoid clashing. 

Shoes: I realised after piecing these kicks with the rest of the look that I was defiantly channelling the 'Sports Luxe' trend once again. To be fair its not even something I realise I'm doing anymore because trainers are a must with a lot of my looks. And, these Presto's are literally like gloves for my feet their soooo comfortable. And, they just happen to carry on the monochrome colour choice that I was rocking. 

WEARING:
Jacket- Asos
Blouse- French Connection
Jeans- Tommy Hilfiger
Clutch-Zara
Belt-Oasis
Trainers- Nike

No comments:

Post a Comment