13.3.14

1990's much?




I can't help but feel that I have been time warped from the 90's to modern day. I looked at myself & thought I can see myself as a extra in an American music video, fo' sure with this look. I'm going TLC all the way!!! 
To be honest I had no idea in which direction I was going to dress, that morning. All I knew was that I was wearing my new bargain must have leather dungarees (for under a £5.) What I love about this pair of dungarees is the v-neckline. It makes a nice change to both the round & square neck. It adds a real effortless captivating feature to the ensemble.

Phase 2 was deciding out of my 2 pairs of Hurauches which one to go with, cool grey or slint & black colour-way....choices?!?
But because of late I've been killing the heck out of turtle necks, I thought I should don one under the dungarees to give a layered look, while keeping me warm in the temperamental British weather. And, I thought keeping with the Sport Luxe look, I felt colour wise & look wise my baseball jersey would be perfect as my 3rd layer. So, thats the shoe colour chosen now.

Cream to me look is a sophisticated & distinguished colour that I find is so easily worn in terms of being a timeless transitional colour. That can carry you across all seasons & weathers. Teamed with pretty much any colour is complemented by this light shaded palette colour. And, putting it with black is a match made in heaven! Them along with monochrome are like Yin & Yang to me....because black continues to heighten any if not all outfits.
With this look I really tried to play down the black tone though because I didn't want that to be overpowering in this look & for the other relevant pieces of my outfit to be looked over.
Purely, because I don't like to hide behind it & use it as what I call as a 'get out of jail free card.' Meaning, wearing it because you don't have anything 'suitable' in your wardrobe. Because, thats never true!

N.B- I wanted to show my interpritation of how I would wear leather dungarees in a way that's true to me while remaining comfortable & still remaining feminine.

WEARING
Baseball Jersey- Crooks & Castles
Leather Dungarees- Asos
Turtle Neck Top- Zara
Trainers- Nike Air Hurauches

P.S More detailed pictures to follow soon..........

No comments:

Post a Comment